Niels Groot Obbink
Firm believer that communicating with people is as important as communicating with computers. Team player that inspires people to be their best and build awesome things together.
With a broad interest in the computer science field, explored fields include (full stack) web development, interpreter and compiler design and game development.
Analytical thinker with an incisive mind. Specialized in front-end web firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead developer / full-stack web developermiWebb 2017 - present
- Lead project manager and customer point of contact on website, webshop, application and CMS projects.
- Trained interns in full-stack web development.
- Implemented and customized websites and webshops with and without existing CMS systems.
- Designed and implemented RESTfull API's.
- Electron / Vue.js application technical design and implementation.
Founder / full-stack web developerWebosaur 2014 - 2019
- Customer intake, full project design and execution.
- Website and web application design, development and deployment.
- Custom website and CMS implementations.
Software engineerDDVTech 2012 - 2014
- Designed and executed large parts of a webshop with automatic software build integration.
- Web application implementation, based on existing API's.
- Implementation of video/audio protocols in C++.
Master Information ScienceVrije Universiteit & University of Amsterdam 2013 - 2017
Bachelor Information, Multimedia and ManagementVrije Universiteit 2008 - 2013
Bachelor degree in information science, with mostly group-oriented projects. Final project for a government agency involved finding a solution against illegal cellphone use in prisons.
VWO (Atheneum; Natuur en Gezondheid)Keizer Karel College 2001 - 2008
Expertise in website and web application (technical) design and implementation.
Project and team management.
Ability to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical users.
Aptitude for creating easily maintainable and extendable (software) systems.
Creative and an enthusiasm for leaning new things.
Worked with a number of other languages, including Java, Python, assembly, BASIC and C.
Tools & software
Experience with Node.js, Electron and Vue.js.
Advanced knowledge of Wordpress and Woocommerce.
Experience with SCSS.
Familiarity with the Git version control system.
Experience with Linux (server) and related tools.
English Professional proficiency